an intentional, unforgettable summer
I peered out on my garden, each of us struggling to accommodate the newly-arrived Texas heat...and a question popped into my thoughts, soft, yet clear:
What will this this summer mean to me in retrospect?
It was quickly trailed by:
What do I want to have learned by September 21st?
With whom will I have spent time, and loved on?
What room am I leaving for the unexpected? What time? What space in my heart?
I’m only a dozen or so pages into this book, and it’s already impacting thoughts I have in the quiet.
Now, I hear ya - being ‘intentional’ in 2021 is almost as exhausting an idea as ‘unprecedented’ experiences were in 2020.
However, we’re going to be through this summer in under 100 days, and “it sure was hot” just isn’t gonna cut it for a summation of this time we’ll never get back, never have served up this way again. : )
The people in our life will shift, and the ‘a-ha!’ moments of revelation coming our way are ours to seize in every area of life.
It’s worth considering where we'll make allowances in advance for what’s coming this summer, so we can fully embrace it and capitalize on it!
What commitments and habits can we cut (or trim back significantly) beginning this week so we have hours to spare on new hobbies, opportunities and people coming our way?
Some goods you might find helpful on your own path to a summer to remember:
Becoming a More Comfortable Chef, Host or Dinner Guest
- Afro Vegan - plant-based, modern Nigerian dishes for a more delicious you
- Today’s Special - the globe's leading chefs pick the new superstars of food
- Italian Wines - get this book and book your tickets...
- Graf Lantz Coasters - German wool felt makes for chic host gifts
From Scratch - 10 fave meals executed 175 ways - from easy to woah
Leaving the House / Building Your Mind + Memories
- Tree Houses - go outside and play - maybe bring architect. So rad!
- Notebooks - from buttoned-up to full-on beautiful, organization awaits
- Le Pen’s new Retro Collection - killer colors, now and forever
150 Bars You Need To Visit Before You Die - highly spirited reasons to travel
A Sweeter Sanctuary
- Life Meets Art - a peek into the inspiring spaces of top creatives
- Infinity House - inspo for a more soothing, magical abode
- 150 Houses You Need To Visit Before You Die - get off of Zillow and get on the road to see the best in person
- Candles - we have so many - here are two faves for summer!
- Niven Morgan ‘Gold' candle - go for matching candle and hand soap for a memorable experience for you and your guests - it’s the little indulgences that often cost the least and mean the most!
- Read Between The Lines® ‘Cuando Cuando’ candle - a delicious, crowd-pleasing blend of plumeria and passionfruit - brings the temp down about 10 degrees, and both men and women love it!
Fall is just a few months away - let’s explore new things now to ensure we'll can celebrate a summer well-lived! : )
Founder + Creative Director
Read Between The Lines®